Sunday, September 29, 2013

Drawing is about Seeing

I love to draw. Drawing is about seeing, making marks, erasing, making more marks and seeing some more ..... I love the process!


Drawing in Pencil of Tree Branch by Barbara J Hart 28"x20"






Drawing is a discipline used to gather information. It's my way of converting an idea into a simple line, a way of making marks on paper. When I draw, the subject takes on a life of it’s own, and  it brings an awareness of the value of every day objects.



Close up of Tree Branch- pencil on paper by Barbara J Hart-28"x20"

"Learning to draw is really a matter of learning to see - to see correctly - and that means a good deal more than merely looking with the eye" - Kimon Nicolaides, The Natural Way to Draw. 



Work in process -tree drawing - pencil on paper by Barbara J Hart - 28" x20"
Here's my latest drawing on the easel and the second drawing in my tree and branch series.







No comments: